Spanish Proverb: meaning and syntax. Its use in Spanish classes
Through 10 of the best known Spanish proverbs, we’ll analyze their origin, meaning and the similarity of these with similar ones in the native languages of the participating teachers.
Also, proposals will be made on how to use these Spanish Proverbs in ELE classes.
Finally, there will be a brief review of Spanish syntax, with a syntactic analysis of some of the proverbs and sayings.
Andalusian culture, customs and festivities
General vision of Andalusia from the cultural and folkloric point of view. Seminar given in a very practical way where teachers will be able to learn about the most extensive and diverse Autonomous Community of Spain. Its privileged geographical location, its customs, culture, gastronomy and popular festivals.
- Geographical location. Capitals, towns of Andalusia.
- Andalusian character. Customs.
- Gastronomy. Typical dishes in the main Andalusian cities.
- Festivities and folklore.
Literary texts by Andalusian authors in the ELE class
Many of the most important authors in the history of Spanish literature are Andalusian: Vicente Aleixandre, Federico García Lorca, Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer, the Machado brothers, Juan Ramón Jiménez… In this seminar we’ll approach some of the literary texts of these classic authors, in which you can get a lot of benefit in the ELE classes.
- Introduction to the history of Andalusian literature. Main authors.
- Text 1: Platero and I. Juan Ramón Jiménez.
- Text 2: The Rhymes. Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer.
- Text 3: Romance of the moon: Federico García Lorca.
- Other texts.
- Tuesday April 21st 2020 (18:00 hours)
Conversation: discussion and opinion
Through interesting journalistic opinion texts, we’ll discuss and express our point of view. We’ll also analyze these texts from a linguistic and pragmatic point of view.
We’ll discuss politics, culture, and current issues. You will certainly improve your oral expression and further expand your vocabulary with new words and expressions.
Intensive Grammar: Dialectal peculiarities of Spanish
Practical workshop where we will study the dialectal varieties of Spanish. We will make special emphasis in its phonetic-phonological features and in one of the most outstanding morphosyntactic features: leísmo -loísmo and laísmo.
- Spanish or Castilian Spanish?
- Languages of Spain.
- Dialectal varieties of Spanish. Phonetic-phonological features.
- Leísmo – laísmo and loísmo.
Intensive grammar: the uses of the subjunctive
With this workshop we will go deeper into one of the most complex grammatical points in Spanish: The subjunctive. We’ll pay special attention to its uses. Finally we’ll propose a didactic unit to practice this grammatical point.
- The subjunctive.
- Subjunctive tenses.
- Uses of the subjunctive.
- ELE proposal to practice the subjunctive.